Every bank and credit card site is different. Below are some of the most popular banks that we were able to find steps on how to download files for.
If your bank isn't listed but you know how to download a QIF or QFX, please email email@example.com with the steps so we can add them to this list. You will be a hero to all your fellow bank customers!
American Express Credit Cards
- Select “Download to Quicken/Quickbooks” from the the “Statements & Activity” tab
- Click either Quicken (for a QFX file) or QIF (for QIF file) by “VIEW/DOWNLOAD”
- Select the date range you’d like to download, then click the “Download” button to save to your computer.
Bank of America
- Go to the Bank of America online statement that you want to download and import.
- Click the Download link at the top of your screen.
- On the Statement Download screen choose the statement period you wish to download and select the appropriate QIF file type.
- Click "Create Download File".
- You will get a message window from your browser. Click the "Save File" button.
- This brings up a "Save As" box (similar to the "save as" function in MS Word and Excel).
- Choose the directory where you want to save the file (e.g. c:\download).
- Choose a file name. Any file name will work, but make sure that the extension is ".qif". For example you could use: statement.qif or account.qif. (This is similar to saving a MS Word file as ".doc" or an MS Excel file as ".xls")
Bank of Hawaii
- From the Accounts menu, click Download banking transactions.
- Select the account for which you want to download information from the Account list.
- Click the calendar icon by the To and From date fields to select the dates you want to include from the calendar window. You can also enter the date directly in the field MM/DD/YY format. Please note that you can only download 45 days or 500 transactions at a time.
- Click the QIF option to begin download of your file.
Bank of Oklahoma
- Click the Accounts tab, then Download from the top navigation bar within Online Banking.
- Select an account, date range, and download type. Please see instructions on the download page to avoid downloading duplicate transactions.
- Click "Download" to begin the download process. This will allow you to use Web Connect technology to download information to your PC.
- Depending on your browser, you will be asked what you want to do with the download file. Select to just save the file (either as a QIF or QFX.)
Navigate to Account Details, then Advanced Search
Filter by the dates you want to download
Scroll to the bottom and select "Comma Delimited". This will download a CSV.
Follow these instructions to convert your CSV to a QIF: http://lessaccounting.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/convert-csv-to-qif?from_search=true
- In the main navigation select "My Account" then "Account History" (or "Downloads" depending on your account type)
- Look for export options. Choose .QIF or .QFX
Capital One 360
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number or Saver ID and PIN
- Select the account you would like to download
- Click the ‘Download’ button on the 'Transactions' tab
- A ‘File Download’ dialog box will appear. Choose where to save the file on your computer to begin download.
- Click the “My Accounts” tab
- On the left, click on “See more choices” under “I’d like toâ€¦”
- Click “Download account activity”
- Select “Download Now (no charge)” then the “Continue” button
- Select the account, date range then Quicken QIF or Intuit Quicken Web Connect QFX for the software format
- Click the “Download Activity” button to begin download.
- Go to the ""Account Activity"".
- Click on the link to ""View/Download"" your statement.
- Choose QFX or QIF for the file format.
Discover Credit Cards
- Select the "Account Activity" tab.
- Select the statement you want to download from the "Activity Period" drop-down list.
- On the upper-right side of your statement, click on "Download."
- Download the .QFX file
- Save it to Desktop.
- Hover over "History" and click "Download History"
- Select your custom date range
- Select "Quicken - $USD Only (.qif)" from "File Types for Download"
- Click "Download History" button
- Navigate to "My Account" then "Account Activity"
- Select the account you want to view
- In the "Posted Transactions" table header you'll see the option to select the file type to export. Choose .QIF or .QFX.
- In the main navigation select "Accounts"
- Then select "Download to Desktop Software"
- Select a format (.QFX) and select the account you want to export
- Select time frame
- Click "Submit"
Southwest Airlines Visa Card
- On the right column, select "Manage Accounts" it's at the bottom.
- Find "Download Activity"
- Follow the next steps, be sure to select "all accounts" if you have multiple cardholders.
- Select "QIF" or "QFX" as your file format.
TD Bank (Business Direct)
- Navigate to the specific account. Be sure the "Account History" tab is selected.
- Filter transactions, scroll to the bottom, look for the Download drop-down selection below the table of transactions.
- Select "QIF" or "QFX" as your file format.
- From the U.S. Bank Internet Banking "Download Transaction Data" page, select the start and end date for the transactions you wish to download. (If you arrive at the "Download Transaction Data" screen from an account page, the Start Date will automatically be the End Date of your last download request. You can override the Start Date by entering a new date. To avoid duplicate or missing transactions, ensure that you are not skipping or repeating dates from previous downloads.)
- Select the "Quicken for Macintosh" option from the "For this Software" drop-down menu.
- Click the "Download" button.
- You will get a dialog box that gives you several options, including save to disk or open file from its current location. Select the "Save this file to disk" option.
- Save the file on your Macintosh desktop. Make sure to remember the file name and location where you saved it so you can retrieve it later.
- After the file has been saved, you can log out of U.S. Bank Internet Banking.
- Go to your Account Summary page in USAA Money Manager.
- Click the "I Want To" drop-down menu and select "Export."
- Select the transactions you want to download.
- Click "Export."