So you've connect your bank and credit card to auto-import, but we only went back a few weeks or months. Now you want to get your older transactions into the app. Here's how:
- First, see how far back your data goes. Do this by going to Settings > Configure (next to the account you want to import older data for). You'll see an option for "Import older data before" followed by a date. This is the date of your first transaction, so you will want to import data that is older than that.
- Download your transactions from your online bank account as a QIF or QFX file. (These are common financial file types.) If you only have the option for a CSV, you can convert it to a QIF using this webtool: http://csvconverter.gginternational.net/
- Upload this file to LessAccounting.
- On LessAccounting: Click Settings in the top navigation
- Click the "Configure" button next to the account you want to import the file for.
- Navigate to the "Manually upload account transactions" option and browser for your file.
- Now you'll see a summary of your file, scroll down and save it. (Don't worry, you can always categorize your expenses after the data has been uploaded.)
Now the app will review your file and distribute the data to various parts of your account. You will receive a notification email once your import is complete and your transactions are ready to view and edit.
If you do not receive this email within an hour of your upload, do NOT attempt to re-upload your file. It may create duplicates if the other file is still uploading. Email email@example.com and we'll look into your file.
Once you upload your older data, you may need to update your starting balance so we know your new starting point. Here's how to do that.